"ATTEND LABORERS' MEETING"

ADVICE GIVEN BY PROF. RIPLEY AT SOCIAL SERVICE MEETING.

The relation of social service to the University was clearly brought out by the speakers at the annual conference of social workers at Phillips Brooks House last evening. Professor W. Z. Ripley of the Economics Department spoke of the labor question and its connection with the college undergraduate. "When you get in business you are going to come into contact with the unions. Most people are prejudiced against the unions and it is your place while you are young to begin to size up the situation. Now you are unprejudiced and therefore you have a better opportunity of making up your mind. Attend the labor meetings held in Boston on Sunday afternoons."

J. F. Moors '83 discussed the problems confronting the younger generation.

D. Lewis 1L spoke of his personal experiences in settlement work, and W. C. Morgan '17 laid special emphasis on the need of educating the immigrants in Cambridge.

M. A. Hawkins '18 presented social service work from the entertainers' point of view.

W. I. Tibbetts '17, social service secretary, closed the meeting with a brief summary of the work now being conducted by the Phillips Brooks House in the various fields. Men wishing to do social service work may learn of opportunities by seeing him in his office at Phillips Brooks House.