"Drive."

COMMENT

No one in the university has the slightest doubt about the ability of the football team; the feeling is campus-wide that the men composing the eleven can compete successfully with either Harvard or Yale. It is not solely because it is a Princeton team that members of this university have confidence in it; it is largely by reason of the absolute conviction that the team this year is decidedly above the average in ability and that it can use its strength and show to the football world that it deserves to receive first honors this season.

In past years the impression has been fairly prevalent that Princeton always plays its best game against Harvard, but that when the team faces Yale, somehow it does not evidence the calibre of football of which it is capable. In all reason, why should Princeton players feel any diminution of spirit just because their opponents are from Harvard or Yale? There is no magic significance in either a Crimson jersey or a Blue jersey. It takes men to make a football team--men who will permit nothing to stop them. Princeton has such men and that "drive" which can defeat Harvard and Yale--the "drive" that Eddie Hart's team had. It will be an injustice to themselves if the 1916 team doesn't live up to the implicit confidence which the University has in them. We believe in them. We believe that they will come home victors from Harvard, and that the Yale blue will accurately reflect the color of the Eli thoughts after the game in Palmer Stadium. --Daily Princetonian.