REVIEW OF TIGER SEASON SHOWS UNBROKEN SERIES OF VICTORIES AND GOAL LINE YET TO BE CROSSED

Princeton Team, With Exceptional Veteran Material, Had Difficulty Beating Tufts and Dartmouth Teams, But Won Contests With Other Colleges By Large Shut-Out Scores.

From every possible point of view the results of Princeton's early-season football games have been most encouraging to the Princeton football team. It has played six games so far and has won them all, without having been scored on except by a field goal by Dartmouth. The Tiger eleven has-rolled up 135 points to its opponents' three and has kept its goal line from being crossed.

Due to the infantile paralysis epidemic, the Princeton squad could not start its practice at Princeton in September so Coach Rush took his men to Lake Minnewaska, N. Y., where he started their training in preparation for the first game of the season, with Holy Cross, on September 30. A large number of veterans reported to Rush and he had a good nucleus from last year's team from which to build a winning eleven. Driggs, Tibbott and Eddy were backfield veterans and Captain Hogg, with McLean and Gennert, formed a strong basis for a powerful line.

Holy Cross Swamped at Worcester.

With these good prospects of a victorious season before it, the Princeton team started to roll up good-sized scores against its early opponents. It was necessary to play Holy Cross at Worcester, on account of the paralysis scare, this being the first game Princeton has played away from home, except with Harvard and Yale, in many years. The Worcester eleven was defeated 21 to 0 on its home grounds, in a game which, though it left much to be desired, was still very encouraging to Coach Rush.

Strong Scoring Against Carolina.

The following week the Tigers returned to Princeton and met North Carolina in the Palmer Stadium. The Southern team was given a 29 to 0 defeat, a larger score than that made against the same team by Harvard. Princeton showed marked improvement in this game, especially in the backfield, where Eddy was given an oportunity at half-back, a position he has since made practically made sure of. Driggs and Tibbott each scored a touchdown and made long gain on end runs.

Tufts Beaten by Scant Margin.

Only a week after its hard-earned victory over the University. Tufts went to Princeton and gave the Nassau eleven the hardest game of the season. Considering Tufts' strong team, the Princeton victory, by the score of 8 to 0, indicated a large amount of latent power in the winning team, even though it could not cross the Tufts goal line. The team were almost evenly matched with I slight advantage in favor of Princeton but neither line could be broken and Princeton had to be content with a long field goal by Tibbott, which, however, been kicked from the 47-yard line.

Lafayette was the next opponent of the Tigers and was completely overwhelmed, 33 to 0. The Pennsylvania team was never dangerous, but the victory was not as satisfactory to Princeton as the score would indicate because of the loose playing and frequent fumbling on the part of the Tigers. Several chances to increase the size of the score were lost for this reason.

Defeating Dartmouth Proved Hard.

Princeton set to work to get rid of these bad tendencies in preparation for the expected hard game with Dartmouth. That this preparation was necessary was shown by the close score of the game which Princeton was lucky enough to win, 7 to 3. One mis-sent Dartmouth forward pass, which Driggs intercepted and carried 65 yards for a touchdown, spelled victory for the Nassau team, although in the beginning of the game Dartmouth led by one field goal. The first score of the season against Princeton was made by Captain Gerrish, of the Hanover team, who kicked a placement goal from the 18-yard line. Gerrish missed another try at a placement kick from the 30-yard line.

Driggs' punts were longer than those of his opponent and the team's tendency to fumble was greatly reduced, but these were the only advantages Princeton had over Dartmouth. Princeton played a more conservative game and won by taking advantage of a misplay of the visiting team in its hasty endeavor to win.

Bucknell Hardly Prepared For.

With the Dartmouth game in the background; Princeton began to prepare for the University, with the Bucknell team not greatly feared. This game really proved to be merely incidental in the schedule for Bucknell was downed by the large score of 42 to 0. A larger score was prevented only by the failure of Princeton's forward and lateral passes of which it tried many.

Princeton's slate is clean to date, its goal line has not been crossed, and it has one of the strongest teams in years. It has been through two exceptionally hard games and has come out the victor. If the University wins this afternoon, the honor of defeating a team with such a record as Princeton's will be all the greater