REGULARS EARNED REST

HARTE WELL AGAIN

Except for H. C. Flower '19 and R. H. Bond '19, all the men who played against Princeton last Saturday were excused from football practice yesterday afternoon and given an opportunity to take a well deserved rest. The substitutes, however, were given a good workout in the Stadium, running through signals and lining up in two teams for a few minutes' hard work. Flower and Bond were in the backfield of team B, with S. Burnham '19, and did some good work on the offence in a short practice against team C. The general tone of the day's work was light and quiet, with the men of letting the men start the week's work gradually in preparation for the hard game Brown is expected to give the university this week, when the Brunonians come to Cambridge flushed with their 21 to 6 victory over Yale last Saturday.

W. F. Robinson '18 was quarterback of team B for the first part of the practice, after having been kept out of the game all of last week by a severe cold. He should be available for the rest of the season, and with W. J. Murray '18 none the worse for his hard playing on Saturday, the University should have a good pair of field generals with which to face Brown and Yale.

R. Harte '17, who was the only University player badly shaken up in the Princeton game, has entirely recovered from the shock of his hard tackle of Brown, the Tigers fast halfback, and s expected to report with the other regulars this afternoon. The whole team came through the game practically unscathed, which is remarkable considering how hard it played, and with Harte in condition again, the squad will set to work today to make ready for the last two games on the schedule. New Manager Appointment.

The appointment of Freshman managers as announced yesterday, a new position was created. It had been customary to appoint three dormitory managers in addition to the manager and assistant, but owing to the closeness of the competition it was decided to give the third man in line for the position a special appointment. The managership of the class team, which will play for the class championship, was therefore created and given to Donald Falvey '20.