CHOATE, WARREN, THAYER AND WYMAN IN FINAL ROUND

Second Year Clubs Retained For Competition Next Year.--Third Year Men in Finals.

In the fifth round of the second-year competition among the law clubs for the Ames Prize the Choate, Warren, Thayer, and Wyman Clubs won their final arguments. The eight clubs which had previously won in the fourth round of the second-year competition were opposed as follows in the fifth round: Beale vs. Choate; Lowell vs. Wyman; Witanagamot vs. Wyman, and George Gray vs. Thayer. Since the Choate, Warren, Thayer and Wyman Clubs are the winners of the fifth round, they will be retained to compete in the third-year competition for the prize next year. Last year seven clubs were held over from the second-year competition to compete for the prize, but a new system has been adopted this year to simplify the third-year contest. The Ames Prize which amounts to $300 is awarded in two sums of $200 and $100 to the winner and runner up respectively in the third-year competition.

The final round of the third-year competition between the Lowell Club and the Witanagamot Club will be held shortly after the vacation. There will be no sixth round in the second-year, competition, as last year, since the elimination has been completed.