TIE SCORE IN LAST SCRIMMAGE

HARVARD CLUB SEVEN HELD TO ONE GOAL IN GAME AGAINST UNIVERSITY.

A spirited 15-minute scrimmage with the Harvard Club team, which ended in a 1 to 1 tie, wound up practice for the University seven at the Arena yesterday afternoon. Coach Winsor showed no inclination to let up in the strenuous preparation for next Saturday's game, and kept the squad hard at work for over an hour. Thacher and Baker were both laid off yesterday, the former with a hip bruise which may keep him out until Saturday. Baker had a slight cold. Their places in the forward line were taken by Taylor and Baldwin, respectively.

The first part of the practice was taken up with shooting drill, and individual "down the rink" work. Two, three, and finally four men together were then sent against the defence, consisting of Wylde, Gardner, and Clark. Taylor showed up well at wing in the first-string line in this drill.

Fast hockey featured the game which followed. Both teams were going at top speed, although better passing might have been desired on the part of the University forwards. The first score came when Doty snapped the puck by Abbott who was defending the Harvard Club goal. Then followed several futile dashes by Wanamaker and Phillips, and a few lost opportunities by the University advance line. Wanamaker and Hicks evened up the score with a quick dash up the rink which with clever passing resulted in a tally by Hicks.

The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY.  HARVARD CLUB. Rice, W. Morgan, l.w.  r.w., Wanamaker Baldwin, Fisher, l.c.  r.c., Hicks Percy, r.c.  l.c., Phillips Taylor, r.w.  l.w., Sortwell Doty, c.p.  c.p., Cutler, Saltonstall, Clifford J. Morgan, Clark, p.  p., Claflin Wylde, g.  g., Abbott