FREE COURSE OFFERED FOR WORKERS WITH IMMIGRANTS

Series of Eight Lectures to be Given at Old South Meeting House on Mondays.

The Department of University Extension of the State Board of Education, and the Old South Association offer a training course for workers with immigrants, consisting of eight lectures. The course is free and will be held in the Old South Meeting House, at the corner of Washington and Milk streets, Boston, on Monday, evenings at 7.45 o'clock. Registration tickets or further information may be obtained from Herman B. Dine '16, secretary, 337 Charles street, Boston.

Following is the list of lectures:

February 28.--"The Problem of the New American and the Young American," by Dr. David Snedden, Commissioner Massachusetts State Board of Education.

March 6.--"The Evening School and the School Center," by W. Stanwood Field, Director Boston Evening and Continuation Schools, and Mrs. Eva W. White, Director Extended Use of Public Schools, Boston.

March 20.--"School Extension Work and the Immigrant," by James A. Moyer, Director Department of University Extension; Meyer Bloomfield, Director of the Vocation Bureau, Boston, and Herman B. Dine '16, West End School Center, Boston.

March 27.--"Methods of Reaching the Neighborhood," by John Collier, Director People's Institute, New York, and Mrs. Eva W. White, Director of the Extended Use of Boston Public Schools.

April 10.--"Education Through Recreation," by Joseph Lee, President of the Playground and Recreation Association of America.

April 24.--"Group Organization," by John Scanga, manager Hancock School Center, Boston; William W. Locke, Civic Service House, Boston, and by I. Rosenfield, West End School Center.

May 1.--"Functions of Managers, Leaders, and Volunteers," by Dr. Albert Shiels, Director of Reference and Research, Department of Education of New York City, and Samuel M. Schmidt, West End School Center, Boston.

May 15.--"Patriotism and the School Center," by Miss Mabel Hill, Garland School for Home-Making, Boston.

Each meeting will be followed by a discussion.