HAUGHTON "EXPECTED" BACK

FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES HOWEVER REFUSE TO AUTHENTICATE WIDE RUMOR.

The press today prints an unauthorized report that P. D. Haughton '99 is to return to University football in the capacity of an important member of a new football advisory committee. L. Leary '05, it is stated, will be head coach, while C. E. Brickley '15 will coach the backs.

The CRIMSON has been unable to have these statements verified, but has learned from the football authorities that they "hope and expect" that Haughton will return and take charge of the team next season. As Haughton's baseball duties as owner of the Boston Braves are heavy, particularly until the close of the baseball season in October, he will not have time until well into the fall to as sume complete charge of the University team. It is therefore probable that Leary will act as field coach. Brickley has signed a contract to return to coach the Johns Hopkins eleven next season, but the University athletic authorities hope that his services may yet be secured for the University backfield next season. As yet no contracts with the H. A. A. have been signed by any of these men and final arrangements will probably not be made for several days.