LACROSSE SEASON STARTS WITH MEETING IN UNION

All Candidates for Team to Report in Trophy Room This Evening at 7.30 o'clock.

Candidates for the University lacrosse team will be called out this evening, when a meeting will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock. P. Gustafson '12, captain of the University lacrosse team in 1912, and Captain E. E. O'Neil '16 will be the principal speakers.

All members of the University who are interested in this sport and especially those who plan to go out for the team are urged to attend the meeting, as the work of the season will be outlined. Practice will begin in the Hemenway Gymnasium tomorrow, under the direction of Captain O'Neil. Arthur Warwick, a Canadian professional who was coach of the team last year, has been engaged as regular coach again this season, and he will come to Cambridge about April 1 to take charge of the team.

The season last year was an exceptionally successful one. The University won the championship of the northern division of the United States Lacrosse League, winning all league games. Of the other eight meets only two, one with Columbia and one with Andover, were lost. Six of the twelve regular positions on the team are left vacant by graduation.