FRESHMAN SINGERS WILL ORGANIZE THIS EVENING

In Addition to 1919 Glee Club There Will Be Three Clubs to Compete at Jubliee Concert.

Freshman dormitory singing in the Common Rooms of the three halls will begin this evening at 7 o'clock. The plan to be followed this year in the interdormitory singing competition will be similar to that used last year. In addition to the regular Freshman Glee Club, which has already begun work under the supervision of Dr. A. T. Davison '06, three clubs will be organized tonight, to be under the leadership of the three men appointed from their respective dormitories.

At the Freshman Jubilee, these three dormitory clubs will sing in competition, and the winning club will be awarded a silver cup. In this competition, certain pieces in common will be sung by all three clubs, while each club will also give an individual performance. In awarding the trophy, the judges will take into consideration the quality and technique of the singing in preference to its volume. The regularity of attendance at rehearsals will also carry considerable weight in the final decision, the dormitory having the highest attendance percentage receiving a certain number of points toward its total.

Men who live outside the dormitories, but wish to sing, may be assigned to one of the three clubs by consulting Dr. Davison. Since attendance percentage will be based upon the total number of men in the various dormitories, all members should be as regular as possible in attendance, in order to swell their dormitory's total, and so help in securing the prize.

The call for songs from the Freshmen was not productive of a surplus of talent. All members of the class of 1919 who have any degree of musical talent should compose songs as soon as possible and submit them to Dr. Davison for his consideration.