UNIVERSITY AND AMHERST GYM. TEAMS MEET TONIGHT

Visitors Have Strong Aggregation.--Loss of Campbell will be Handicap to University.

The University Gymnastic Team will meet Amherst in the Hemenway Gymnasium this evening at 8 o'clock. The team will enter the contest greatly weakened by the loss of D. Campbell '17, who is out with a bad knee.

W. Campbell '16 has unquestionably been the mainstay of the team throughout the past season. He has distinguished himself as a most versatile performer on the horizontal bar, the parallel bars, and the flying rings, doing notices ably good work in the two latter events. The team, in its weakened conduction looks to him as a strong support into night's meet.

In the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Technology, H. R. Bechtel '17 did some excellent work with the clubs T. A. Smith '18 proving a very close second.

In the tumbling, M. Blanchard '18 was the most prominent figure at the beginning of the season, but has lately been rapidly overtaken by T. A. Smith '18, H. L. Kerr '17 should also prove a valuable asset in the tumbling event this evening. Of late J. M. French '17 has shown decided improvement on the parallel bars, and M. Blanchard '18, although he does not exactly fill the vacancy left by McPhail of last year's team, is, nevertheless, a very creditable performer on the side horse.

The improvement of the team as a whole has been due, in large measure, to the excellent coaching of F. W. Maroney.