CANVASS TO SUPPORT DEBATE

SALE OF TICKETS TO COVER COST OF SENDING TEAM DOWN TO NEW HAVEN.

There will be a canvass of the University dormitories this evening and tomorrow evening to sell tickets for the debate with Princeton in Sanders Theatre on Friday evening at 8 o'clock. No other subscription will be taken for the debating team, this canvass being its sole support. Tickets, at 25, 50, or 75 cents, may also be purchased from the Cooperative Branch, Amee Brothers, or Matthews 54.

The subject of the debate, at Princeton, New Haven and Cambridge will be: "Resolved, That the United States should adopt a system of compulsory military service modelled after that of Switzerland."

In the seven previous triangular debates the University has been a double winner three times, Princeton once, and Yale once. There have also been two triple ties.

The negative team for each university will remain at home. The University affirmative team will go to Yale, Yale will visit Princeton, and Princeton will debate in Sanders Theatre.

The altered and final composition of the six teams will be as follows:

For the University.--Affirmative: A. G. Paine '17, B. L. Carter '16, E. R. Roberts '16; alternates, D. Davis '18, L. Brentano '18. Negative: C. A. Trafford '16, H. Epstein '16, J. H. Spitz '17; alternate, A. G. Aldis '17.

For Yale.--Affirmative: W. W. Pickett 1917, E. S. Pinney 1918, D. L. Keane 1916; alternate, J. W. Osgood 1916. Negative: E. W. Bourne 1919, G. Murphy 1916, A. R. Bellinger 1917; alternate, R. A. Dudley 1916.

For Princeton.--Affirmative: J. C. Taylor 1918, C. F. Martin 1916, W. H. Johnson 1917, alternate, C. M. Tappen 1916. Negative: S. D. Sherrerd 1918, W. B. Barnitz 1917, B. B. Alterbury 1916; alternate, P. Cooper 1917.

The judges for the debate in Sanders Theatre will be President Edmund Clark Sanford, of Clark University, Worcester; Dean Homer Albers, of Boston University Law School; and Dr. Lewis Perry, headmaster of Phillips-Exeter Academy. The Honorable Joseph Pelletier, of Boston, will preside.