MINISTRY CONFERENCE HERE

Sessions for College Men to be Held in Cambridge Next Friday Saturday, and Sunday.

The Twelfth Annual Conference of Eastern College Men on the Christian Ministry will be held in Cambridge next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This conference is under the auspices of the Andover Theological Seminary, the Hartford Theological Seminary, of Hartford, Conn., and the Union Theological Seminary, of New York, N. Y., and aims to give young men about to enter life a full discussion of the possibilities, the problems and the functions of the ministry.

The conference will be called to order at the Shepard Memorial Chapel, Cambridge, on Friday at 6.30 o'clock, when a dinner will be served with Dr. Albert Parker Fitch '00, President of Andover Theological Seminary, presiding. Toasts will be responded to by Rev. Raymond Calkins. D.D., Rev. Professor Kusopp Lake, M.A., D.D., of the University, and Rev. Professor Hugh L. Fosbroke, of the Episcopal Theological School. At 7.45 o'clock a meeting will be held in Phillips Brooks House, at which Rev. Daniel Evans, D.D., will make an address of welcome. The other speakers of the evening will be Rev. Harry Emerson Fosdick, D.D., who will speak on "The Principles that Govern the Choice of a Vocation," and Professor Edward Caldwell Moore, D.D., Ph.D., Plummer Professor of Christian Morals in the University, who will speak on "The Claim of the Christian Ministry on College Men."

On Saturday there will be a meeting at Andover Chapel at 9 o'clock. Rev. Warren Hugh Wilson, D.D., Ph.D., will discuss the "Country Movement in its Relations to the Rural Church"; Rev. Nehemiah Boynton, D.D., will speak on "The Perils and Possibilities of the City Church"; and Rev. Walter Reuschenbusch, D.D., on "The Minister as a Servant of the Community." In the afternoon an excursion will be made in automobiles to the interesting points of Boston and vicinity. At 7.30 o'clock a meeting will be held in Andover Chapel. At this time Rev. Melancthon W. Jacobs, D.D., LL.D., will speak on "The Personal Cost of the Ministry," and Rev. D. Brewer Eddy will discuss "The Ministry and the World-Wide Mission of the Church."

Sunday there will be two meetings of the conference. The first will be at Appleton Chapel at 11 o'clock, at which service Dr. A. P. Fitch will preach. In the afternoon at 2.30 the last formal meeting will be held. Professor William Ernest Hocking, of the University, will address the meeting on "What the Philosophy of the Body has to say about the Church." Dr. Fitch will also speak on "Religious Leadership in America after the War."

Although the conference will be formally closed after the latter meeting, the delegates who will come from all the eastern colleges are invited to stay over Sunday night in the places which will be provided for them. Probably a more brilliant group of men has been obtained this year to address the conference than ever before, and with a large representation of students it should be particularly successful.