47 WORKSHOP WILL GIVE TWO PLAYS NEXT MONDAY

Endowing of Performances in Memory of Thornton Marshall Ware Begins New System.

The first productions by the 47 Workshop under its new system of financing performances by private memorial endowments will be given in Agassiz House, Radcliffe, next Monday and Tuesday evenings at 8 o'clock. The Thornton M. Ware memorial, as it is called, will include two plays, one a "curtain-raiser" by Sydney van Kleeck Fairbanks '17, of Cambridge, "The Other Voice," and the play of the evening, "Prudence in Particular," by Rachel Barton Butler, a special student at Radcliffe. The latter is a three-act comedy of young married life in the Middle West. Miss Butler is the recipient this year of the MacDowell scholarship, awarded annually to the winner of a competition open to all playwrights in the United States, provided, first, that the contestant is unmarried and, second, that he or she is in need of money.

Thornton Marshall Ware in memory of whom the production will be given Monday was a graduate of the College in the class of 1903. This memorial production, Professor G. P. Baker '87 hopes, will be the first of a series similarly produced. By this system, Workshop productions will be donated as memorials for friends or relatives by private persons.