INTERCOLLEGIATE FENCING PRELIMINARIES ON APRIL 8

University to Meet Yale and Bowdoin at Harvard Club.--Finals in New York April 21.

The preliminary bouts for the Intercollegiate Fencing Meet have been announced for April 8. On this date the University team, consisting of Captain W. H. Russell '18, E. P. Hamilton '18, and G. H. Code '18, will meet Yale and Bowdoin in the Harvard Club of Boston, the team scoring the lowest number of bouts to be eliminated from the finals. These bouts will be held both in the afternoon and evening; admission will be by complimentary tickets, which members of the University may obtain from any member of the team.

The two remaining teams, together with teams from Cornell, Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Annapolis, will compete in the finals, which will be held in the Astor Hotel, New York, on April 21 and 22.

The original plan was to have a preliminary meet between teams from Cornell, Columbia, and Technology and one between teams from Princeton, Annapolis, and Pennsylvania, with the object of eliminating one team from each group, leaving four teams, which, with the two remaining from the Harvard-Yale-Bowdoin preliminaries would leave six teams to compete in the finals. But since Technology and Princeton have failed to enter, the last two preliminaries have been rendered unnecessary.