NEW PLAN FOR GEOLOGY TRIP

Professor Atwood Will Have Charge of Two Partics Next Summer.--Four More Men May Join.

Instead of taking one party, as originally planned, Professor W. W. Atwood will take two parties on the geology trip in the west next summer. These will be in the direct charge of the assistants, S. F. Haines 1M., and Dr. F. H. Lahee, assistant professor of geology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Professor Atwood will divide his time between the two sections. The decision to take two parties instead of one was reached on account of the increase in the number of students taking the course. Each party will be limited in size to 12 men, and of the 24 men who are to take the trip, all except four have already signed up. Since no more men will be taken after these four places have been filled, those who want to go on the trip should see Professor Atwood at once. Quite a number of applications for enrolment in the party have been received from persons outside of the University, but the open places will be held for University members for a week or two.

The party will meet at Pagosa Springs, Colorado, on July 9, and work will last for eight weeks, or until September 2. Camp will be made on the south slope of the San Juan Mountains. The country which the party will encounter is an un-surveyed wilderness, and a systematic geological and geographical survey of a portion of the San Juan Mountains will be made during the first six weeks. At the end of this time the party will take a tour through the higher mountains, and will there study physiographic and geologic formations.