UNIVERSITY GYMNASTIC TEAM WON

Dartmouth Six Points Behind in Meet in Hemenway Yesterday.

The University gymnastic team defeated Dartmouth and M. I. T. in the first triangular gymnastic meet ever held between these three institutions in the Hemenway Gymnasium last night. The University gymnasts piled up a total of 30 points; Dartmouth scored 24; and M. I. T. failed to win a single place in any one of the six events of the evening. At the end of the first four events, horizontal bars, side horse, club swinging, and parallel bars, Dartmouth led the University by a score of 19 to 17. Again at the end of the fifth event, flying rings, Dartmouth led the University team by the close score of 23 to 22. In the final event, however, tumbling, the University easily surpassed its two competitors and made the final tally 30 to 24.

M. Blanchard '16 and T. A. Smith '18 gave superb performances in tumbling, winning first and second places respectively. D. Campbell '17 and W. Campbell '16 also starred for the University.

The summary of events is as follows:

Hotizontal.--Won by P. J. Halloran '19 (Dartmouth); second, D. Campbell '17; third, F. J. Dusossoit '18 (Dartmouth).

Side Horse.--Won by W. B. Garrison '18 (Dartmouth): second, W. Campbell '16: third, G. B. Fuller '16 (Dartmouth).

Club Swinging.--Won by W. B. Garrison ough '18 (Dartmouth): second, H. R. Bechtel '17: F. B. Valentine '19 (Dartmouth).

Parallel Bars.--Won by D. Campbell '17; second, W. Campbell '16; third, P. J. Halloran '19 (Dartmouth).

Flying Rings.--Won by W. Campbell '16; second, L. F. Garrison '19 (Dartmouth); third, F. J. Dusossoit '18 (Dartmouth).

Tumbling.--Won by M. Blanchard '18; second, T. A. Smith '18; third, J. H. Colton '16 (Dartmouth).