BASEBALL TEAM FACES BROWN

GARRITT IN BOX FOR UNIVERSITY, VISITORS HAVE WON 7 OF 10 GAMES.

The University baseball team will play the first of a series of two games with Brown at Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. The second contest will take place at Providence on Memorial Day.

Last year the University broke even with the Rhode Island team, receiving a 7 to 3 defeat in Cambridge, and two days later beating Brown 11 to 10 in a hitting festival on the loser's home field. Brown, however, is believed to have a much less powerful nine this spring. Seven games have been won and only three lost, but Brown's pitching staff is admittedly weaker than in 1915, and only three veterans remain in the line-up: Murray, G. F. Johnston, and Ormsby. Healy is the most reliable pitcher, and will probably be in the box today.

Coach Mitchell has selected Garritt to pitch for the University. His last game was that with Vermont on April 29, in which Vermont was easily defeated, 10 to 1.

Knowles will take Percy's place in right field today. Percy badly bruised his ankle in practice a few days ago and will be out of the game for at least a week.