SECOND TENNIS LOST TO LAW MEN

Doubles Entries Close Tomorrow, While Singles Continue Today.

The second tennis team was defeated by the Law School 6 matches to 3, on the courts on Divinity Field, yesterday afternoon. The seconds lost the first three singles and all three doubles matches. The only three members of the second team who won their matches were E. O. Baker '17, E. B. Benedict '18, and D. K. Dunmore '18. The following is the summary: Singles--S. M. Stellwagen gr. L. defeated Captain A. S. Peabody '16, 6-2, 6-2; W. I. Badger 3L. defeated E. B. Benjamin '18, 6-4, 6-1; H. C. Place 3L. defeated H. Talcott '18, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1; E. O. Baker '17 defeated T. A. Lightner 1L., 2-6, 6-2, 6-2; E. B. Benedict '18 defeated B. H. Knollenberg 3L., 9-11, 6-1, 6-2; D. K. Dunmore '18 defeated G. A. Davis 3L., 6-3, 6-4. Doubles--W. Hugus 3L. and Stellwagen defeated Peabody and Benjamin, 6-3, 5-7, 6-3; Place and Lightner defeated Talcott and Benedict, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5; Badger and Davis defeated L. E. Green '18 and H. R. Guild '17, 6-2, 6-3.

Entries in the tournament for the University championship in doubles, which begins next Friday afternoon, and is open to members of the three upper classes, will close tomorrow night at 6 o'clock. In signing, players should indicate their afternoon classes in order to avoid unnecessary defaults. Players must also give the names of their partners and pay the entry fee of $1 per team, when signing.

In the continuation of trials for the University tennis team, the following matches will be played on Jarvis Field, this afternoon: At 3.30--J. S. Pfaffmann '17 vs. H. G. M. Kelleher '18; W. D. D. Morgan '18 vs. W. Rand, 3d, '17. At 4.30--R. N. Williams, 2d, '16 vs. G. C. Caner '17.

In the continuation of the University championship tournament in singles, on Jarvis Field, yesterday afternoon, the following were the results of the matches played: W. Edgar '16 defeated C. N. Stone uC., 6-3, 6-3; T. B. Scott '18 defeated W. W. Rice '18, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4.

The following matches will be played in the singles tournament on Jarvis Field, this afternoon: At 1.45--W. Edgar '16 vs. A. S. Peabody '16. At 3.15--H. Morgan '17 vs. winner of Edgar and Peabody (3 out of 5 sets).