EARLY TRAINING FOR CRUISE

PRELIMINARY CLASSES WILL BE ORGANIZED MONDAY AT NAVY YARD.

The Committee on the Naval Training Cruise for Civilians has arranged with Captain R. H. Jackson, U. S. N., Commanding U. S. S. Virginia, to hold a series of meetings for the preliminary instruction of all those who intend to make the cruise this summer. These meetings will be under the supervision of experienced naval officers, and all men are urged to attend the classes in order to obtain such instruction as will be useful to them on the cruise in August.

Meetings for the organizations of classes will be held on next Monday, from 4 to 6 o'clock and from 7 to 9 o'clock, on board the U. S. S. Kearsarge, at the Navy Yard, Charlestown, west of pier No. 10.

Any man desiring to take advantage of this instruction should report on board the U. S. S. Kearsarge at either of these two periods, ask for the Officer-of-the-deck, and state that he wishes to join one of the classes to be organized at that time.

It will be desirable to obtain a part of the uniform outfit covered by the $30 deposit. Such an cutfit can be obtained on board the Kearsarge and will consist of: 1 suit white undress,  $1.35 1 neckerchief,  .80 1 white hat,  .27 1 pair leggins,  .60 Total,  $3.02

The cost of this advance outfit must be paid for in cash and will be credited to the deposit which each man must make on August 15, 1916.