MUSICAL CLUBS ENDED SEASON

DEDICATION OF NEW GLEE CLUB ROOM WAS FEATURE OF PAST YEAR.

With the concert of the Glee Club in connection with the annual "Harvard Night" at the Pops last week the University Musical Clubs officially closed their 1915-16 season, except for the Yard and Class Day singing.

Although this was not the year for the biennial Christmas trip, yet a great amount of enthusiasm has been shown, a great deal of hard work done, and a long schedule of concerts given. The year started with the annual concert at the Colonial Club on October 29. Then came the Princeton trip and dual performance with the Princeton Musical Clubs on the eve of the Princeton game. The evening before the Yale football game the clubs gave their annual concert in collaboration with the New Haven musicians. During the winter the clubs gave a long series of entertainments in cities throughout New England. Worcester, Springfield, Providence, Fall River, Fitchburg, and Lowell were among the places visited.

On March 4 the Glee Club participated in the Intercollegiate Glee Club contest held in Carnegie Hall, New York.

At the beginning of the Spring Recess the clubs made a short but very successful trip to New York and Montclair, N. J., performing before the New York Harvard Club after their annual business meeting and the following evening at the Montclair Club at Montclair, N. J. Since the recess several more concerts have been added to the list,--Concord, Chestnut Hill, and Newtonville. Perhaps the most significant event was the concert of the Glee Club in collaboration with the Russian Music Society at a benefit performance in Copley Theatre. May 23 marked the entrance of the Glee Club into its new room in the Music Building. A short dedicatory meeting was held, attended by former leaders, members of the club and of the Department of Music.

Plans are already under way for next fall's schedule and the Christmas trip, which will include a tour along the Atlantic seaboard with stops at such cities as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Richmond, Columbia, and Charleston. The system for the instrumental clubs of requiring every member to play in both the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs which worked so well this year will still be in force next year. No one will be taken on the Christmas trip who cannot play instrument in both clubs.