PRACTICE FOR RUNNERS SEPT. 18

Cross-Country Squad Trains Early Under Coach Alfred Shrabb.

Cross-country practice will begin next fall on September 18, one week before College opens, when all candidates for the team are expected to report. Coach Alfred Shrubb will again have charge of the runners and the Belmont course will be used.

Although the University possesses no conspicuous stars, the large squad of experienced runners available promises well for the success of the season. Captain A. R. Bancroft '17, W. P. Whitehouse, 2d, '17 and G. A. King '18 are the most dependable men. W. D. Hutchinson '19, captain of last year's Freshman team, should be well up with the leaders. Other good men include R. H. Davison '17, H. R. Bechtel '17, R. S. Cook '17, C. J. Noprth '17, J. Coggeshall '18, L. K. Moorehead '18, and C. W. W. P. Heffenger '18. From the 1919 team, E. H. Kelton '19, H. E. Small '19, and J. M. Greene '19 should add maternally to the strength of the squad.

The intercollegiate cross-country race will be run at New Haven on November 25, the day of the Yale football game. The rest of the schedule has not been definitely arranged as yet, but the Yale race will be held over the Bailment course probably on November 11, and the Cornell meet will be held at Ithacca, probably on November 4.