H. A. YEOMANS SUCCEEDS B. S. HURLBUT AS DEAN

NEW COMMITTEE FORMED

The resignation of Dean Hurlbut, and the subsequent succession of Assistant Dean Yeomans to his position has brought about a complete reorganization of the Dean's office. This year, instead of two--three deans, with Mr. Yeomans as head, will be in charge of the undergraduates. Dr. Clarence Cook Little '10, Research Fellow of the Cancer Commission, and Mr. Lawrence Shaw Mayo '10, instructor in History, have been appointed to assist Mr. Yeomans.

Dean Hurlbut will return to the University next fall to resume his work as professor of English.

Dr. Little will this year have charge of the seniors, sophomores and unclassified and special students. Mr. Mayo will be in charge of juniors and freshmen. Each will alternate their duties from year to year, so that the same dean will have the same undergraduates throughout their entire course.

The assistant deans will relieve Mr. Yeomans of the minor details of office work, thus leaving him opportunity to take care of the bigger problems of his office. When disciplinary measures are considered necessary, Mr. Little and Mr. Mayo will recommend to Mr. Yeomans what form of punishment they consider necessary and he in turn will place the matter before the Administrative Board, of which he is a member. Appeals from the decisions of the assistant deans will ordinarily be heard by Mr. Yeomans, who will thus serve in the capacity of a higher court.

The awarding of scholarships and other aids will be in the hands of the three deans, who will thus form a scholarships committee.