HARVARD VICTORIES

Once again Harvard men are able to enjoy pleasing reminiscences of the crew races at New London. Last June every Harvard crew, due to the superior coaching of Coaches Herrick and Haines, was able to defeat its blue rival. A clean sweep on the Thames is an historic accomplishment, which will stand out in the annals of rowing as a final tribute to Captain Morgan and his victorious crew.

The CRIMSON congratulates H. B. Cabot '17 upon his election as captain of the 1917 crew, and feels assured that under his leadership and with the encouragement of last June another clean sweep is to be expected.

After an enviable record throughout the Spring, the baseball team last June defeated Yale decisively in two consecutive games. Greatest credit is due Coach Mitchell for his exceptional coaching, and the fact of his resigning as University coach for this year will be a serious disappointment. The CRIMSON congratulates G. E. Abbot '17 upon his election as captain of this year's team, and wishes him success equal to that of last June.

Two more intercollegiate victories have been won by Harvard in the last few weeks. Congratulations are due G. C. Caner '17, the new intercollegiate tennis champion, and also R. Harte '17 and G. C. Caner '17; the doubles champions. In the Intercollegiate Golf Tournament J. W. Hubbell '17 deserves high praise for his uphill fight and ultimate victory in the final round for the individual title.