UNIVERSITY TEAM READY FOR GAME WITH COLBY

FOUR REGULARS IN LINE-UP

Time of game-12 minute quarters. Referee, David Fultz, Brown. Umpire, E. G. Hapgood, Brown. Head linesman and field judge, W. S. Cannell, Tufts.

Field Coach Leo Leary put the University eleven through its final preparation for the opening of the 1916 season yesterday afternoon, and the team is primed to meet the first opponent, Colby, in the Stadium at 3 o'clock today. Last year Colby also headed the schedule and went down to a 36 to 6 defeat, though the northern team was strong enough to cross the University's goal line in its first contest of the year.

Only four regulars of last year appear in the lineup which will face the Colby eleven. Captain H. H. Dadmun '17, is back at his former position of left guard; J. C. Harris '17, is at centre; Moseley Taylor '18, right tackle, and R. Harte '17, right end. All of these men have the advantage of Yale game experience, but many of the others are comparatively new at the game. Three have never before played in a university game.

H. Flower '19, who was captain of his freshman eleven and track team, will stant at fullback; R. H. Bond '19, halfback, also playd on his freshman eleven, and C. K. Clark '19 was the 1919 guard. Flower shows great speed and ability to shift and reverse the line when he carries the ball. Of the backs he is the one whose open field running and plunges through the line most nearly approach the brilliant work of Mahan, the 1915 captain.

W. F. Robinson '18, quarterback, who won his "H" last fall, has regained his standing at the college office, and will start the game tomorrow. This backfield combination of Robinson, Bond, Horween and Flower has been working together ever since the first signal practice was held soon after practice began this fall, and they should carry through the plays today without a hitch. Horween has also had much varsity experience, having played in the Princeton and Yale games last fall.

But the University backfield is lighter, and by no means as seasoned as the quartets of previous years. The kind of football Harvard will play today is therefore expected to be of the open type instead of the close, conservative game which proved so successful for the heavier players of last year. The aim will be to develop speed in the backfield of this year's team and ability in open field work.

Tickets on Sale at Field.

A limited number of tickets admitting to the season ticket stand will be on sale to holders of H. A. A. and season tickets, as well as individual tickets for the Colby game