BUREAU RECOVERED $1,647.5

Legal Aid Tendered in 147 Cases by Law School Organization--But One Case Lost in Court.

Having completed its fourth successful year, the Legal Aid Bureau is handling with greater facility the increasing difficulties of the administration of justice in the modern city. During the year ending in June, 1916, 147 cases were brought before the bureau and the aid tendered resulted in a cash recovery for> the clients of $1,647.50. Of the ten case requiring court action which arose of were continued from the year before five were won, one was lost, two were dropped and two are still pending. The clients numbered 147, of which 72 were men and 75 women.

The Legal Aid Bureau is an organization made up of second and third year Law School men, who lend their service entirely free of charge to those who apply. The expenses of the organization are defrayed by voluntary contribution. The officers and members of the Bureau for this year are: G. B. Barrett 3L, president; W. B. Shepardson 3L, vice-president; A. E. Case 3L, secretary-treasurer' W. B. Hastings 2L, M. Rushton 3L and C. W. Painter 2L, directors; B. I. Bromley, G. G. Chandler, L. Clayton, J. France, J. F. Gunster, M. M. Manning, S. Miller, Jr., K. F. Pantzer, S. Pitney, A. L. Rabb, N. Schaff, S. P. Speer, W. E. Tippetts (from the third-year class); C. T. Bradley, R. S. Cowan, W. M. Ellis, E. M. Hay, F. B. Hubachek, D. Kimball, H. Parkman, Jr., W. T. Sanders, Jr., (from the second-year class).