CONSERVATIVE CAMBRIDGE.

It is time that a group of Cambridge women have received more than individual thanks for certain work they have carried on for many months. When the Naval Radio School was established here bringing in over twelve hundred men from various parts of the country, few people thought much of how these future sailors were to be entertained during their leisure hours. Cambridge had long been branded as a stiffed-back place, where letters of introduction and credentials were indispensable. Many women, and among these were wives of faculty members, immediately proved how false such a generalization was. A canteen was started and has been run ever since near the University Museum, where the Radio men can purchase tobacco, candy and such things on a co-operative basis. Anyone who has had experience in managing a canteen will realize the labor involved in such as undertaking. In addition to this, these same women arranged dances, invited the sailors to done, and in fact threw open their houses to them. It so happens that a majority of the Radio School students come from the South, where hospitality is a universal quality. Conservative Cambridge has shown herself a considerate and genial hostess to these men, and it has been through the efforts of the women. When the war is over and these Southerners return to their homes, remembrances of a Northern city will be related which will correct some erroneous impressions, and it is not to be doubted that they now exist.