ELEVEN FACES BUMPKIN

FRESHMEN PLAY ANDOVER

With a team strengthened by the return of its captain, the informal University eleven today plays its first game in the Stadium at 3 o'clock against the strong and heavy Naval Reserve team from Bumpkin Island.

Long dummy scrimmages in addition to a 50 minute game with the Freshmen have developed the team play of the informals greatly since the Dean game.

The failure of F. C. Church '20 to return to the lineup has forced a shift in the backfield. A Horween '20 is placed at fullback, and C. E. Works '20 plays at left half.

The Bumpkin Island team has a very heavy line, and possesses two well-known players in Algar, a tackle, who played at Tufts last fall, and Cawley, a speedy half-back. Last week today's visitors were defeated by Exeter 7 to 0.

1921 Battles Andover.

At the same time as the informal team is engaging with the Naval Reserves in the Stadium, the 1921 team will play Andover on the Freshman field.

Teamwork has been the objective of this week's Freshman training, as this was the greatest defect in their play against the Radio School last Saturday. The team has not progressed so rapidly as former Freshman teams, and so far does not seem equal to the team of last year's entering class. Coach Wallace does not consider the outlook for today too encouraging, but welcomes the chance to see his charges play against a well trained opponent.

The elevens line up as follows:

Harvard 1921.--Anderson, l. e.; Faxon, l. t.; Frothingham, l. g.; Havemeyer, c.; Olmstead, r. g.; Sedgwick, r. t.; Lee, r. e.; Jenney, q. b.; McDonnell, l. h. b.; Lothrop, r. h. b.; Humphrey, f. b.

Andover.--T. Brown, r. e.; Morgan, r. t.; Baker, r. g.; Avery, c.; A. Brown, l. g.; MacDonald, l. t.; Randolph, l. e.; Fairburn, q. b.; Braden, r. h. b.; Grativitch, l. h. b.; Bailey, f. b.

No Freshman this fall will probably be allowed to play in the Yale Freshmen game, if he is not enrolled in either a military or a naval course. A similarrule has already been made at Yale.