BASEBALL TEAM WINS AGAIN

FORT WARREN NINE DEFEATED BY 9 TO 2 SCORE IN SHORT CONTEST.

The baseball team won its third game of the informal fall season by defeating the Fort Warren team, captained by R. Harte '17, 9 to 2, in a seven inning game yesterday afternoon. The game had to be called early to allow the visiting team to catch a boat.

Six runs in the fourth inning assured the University team the game, although two runs had come in before that time. A two-base hit by A. L. Peirson '20, which scored a runner from first base was the real beginning of the scoring in the fourth, and a home-run by L. P. Jones '19, was the most important feature. The other three scores for the informals were due almost entirely to solid hitting by Jones and Captain McLeod.

For the first four innings, the Fort Warren team was unable to do anything against the fine pitching of P. C. Newton '20, and not a single man reached first base. No one even came within scoring distance until the seventh, when three hits and a base on balls brought in the only two runs scored against him. He allowed but that one base on balls and struck out four men.

Seven Errorless Innings Played.

In individual playing, the informal team excelled its opponent. For the whole seven innings there was not an error recorded. L. B. Evans '20, starred at shortstop and accepted six chances flawlessly. Captain McLeod caught a good game, although the position is new to him, and helped to steady Newton's pitching. Jones was the heavy hitter with three hits out of four times at bat for a total of seven bases.

Salisbury, the first-baseman, and R. Harte '17, were the best men in the opposing line-up, although the latter was slowed up by a bad knee.