BRIEF PRACTICE GIVEN SQUAD

BLACK-BOARD TALK ILLUSTRATED FAILINGS IN CONTEST SATURDAY.

The hard game against the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery team Saturday necessitated a brief and light practice yesterday. Coach Rollins gave his squad a long black-board talk, illustrating the weak points and mistakes of Saturday. A short period of passing and kicking the ball and in rehearsal of signals completed the day. No injuries of a serious nature were reported in the squad. A. Horween '20, B. S. Blanchard '20, M. A. Rudman '18, and P. D. Steele, unc., will be given a few days of rest that they may recover from sprains received against the soldiers.

Practice this week will centre about a scrimmage with the Boston College eleven tomorrow. This will be the second appearance on Soldiers Field this season of the squad coached by former University captain C. E. Brickley '15. In the previous encounter the two teams played about evenly with the advantage, if any, on the side of the informals. Since then, however, the University team has improved greatly in every department of the game, more particularly in the power and variety of its attack.

In a statement after the game Saturday, W. B. Snow '18, former captain of the informals, and now in the Cadet School for Ensigns said:

"The game against-the Maine team was my last appearance with the informals. F. C. Church '20, likewise will not play again. The work required in the Ensign School takes practically all my time, including that which I was accustomed to devote to football. It was a great game--that last one."

Will Elect Freshman Captain

Today with the election of a captain the 1921 team will enter upon the second and final period of its development. On the field yesterday Coaches Wallace, Leary, Knox and Likins put three teams through a long session of forward passing, kicking, and a through rehearsal of the plays which have been given the teams so far. Worcester Academy is 1921's next opponent and this week will see hard scrimmages in preparation for this contest.

A squad from the Radio School held a long workout yesterday under the supervision of R. F. Guild '06, who has coached several University second teams.

Negotiations are under way to have the game with the Camp Devens team scheduled for next Saturday, played at the Stadium in Cambridge instead of at Ayer, as previously announced.