A NEW LECTURE SERIES.

The decision of the Faculty to establish a series of weekly lectures on subjects of present day interest, will be welcomed by the entire University. One of the most broadening influences of Harvard is the opportunity given to the students to hear from time to time the most representative men in the country, and through them to come into more intimate contact with the problems that are stirring the world at large, be they political, intellectual, or economic. More than ever such a course will be appreciated, for hard to find is the man that does not seek to gain a clearer, more comprehensive view of the war, and the vital questions that it has raised. The lectures, we can feel sure, will be attended not only by the few who have the wisdom to seek additional opportunities for education, but by the many who want to increase their general knowledge, and to understand as well as possible the varied phases of the epoch through which they live. In past years the lectures at the Union filled this need to a large extent, but only with the closing of the Union came the realization of its value and the work it did. The University cannot afford to abolish such lectures; their part in its life is too important. Thus a new series is being organized with the insight and care that the Faculty alone can give.