CLOTHING COLLECTION A SUCCESS

Larger Than Last Spring's In Spite of Reduced College Enrolment.

A clothing collection which is almost as large as the record collection of last fall and larger than that of the spring collection has just been completed by Phillips Brooks House. In all, 997 articles of clothing, 210 text books and about 400 pounds of magazines were turned in by the various collectors from the different dormitories. Among the articles of clothing were 110 trousers, 91 coats, 99 pairs of shoes and 113 shirts. The collection included almost every type of wearing apparel.

As compared with last year's figures the work done by the collectors was good, since there were several less dormitories to gather from. At this time last year, 1,146 articles of clothing, 206 text books and 500 pounds of magazines were received, while in the spring the figures stood 920, 126 and 500, respectively.

All the text books gathered up will be placed in the Phillips Brooks House Loan Library for the use of poor students, which now numbers over 4,000 volumes. The other material will be sent to various charitable institutions such as the American Red Cross, the Associated Charities of Cambridge, and the Tuskegee Institute of Tuskegee, Ala.

The following is a list of the articles collected, together with the number of each: overcoats, 13; raincoats, 4; coats, 91; trousers, 110; vests, 81; shirts, 113; shoes, 99 pairs; ties, 146; collars, 174; pajamas, 21 pieces; sweaters, 4; hose, 18 pairs; underwear, 65 pieces; caps, 19; hats, 29; gloves, 10 pairs; text books, 210; magazines, 400 pounds.