WOOD PRESENT AT DRILL

PRAISE FOR FRENCHMEN

Major-General Leonard Wood, while watching the drill of Company M on the river bank yesterday afternoon, expressed to a CRIMSON reporter his approval of the work done in the R. O. T. C. "The training given the men here is excellent," he said, "and the highest credit is due to the French officers who are in charge of the work for the success they have had in organizing an efficient training corps. The tactical knowledge and the drill which the men are receiving is fully as good as that offered in the permanent camps established by the government, and the men should appreciate the advantages and privileges they are having, always bearing in mind that they are preparing not merely to be privates, but to be officers who will drill recruits and who will some day lead their men 'over the top' in France.

"As an example of the excellence of the instruction given in the course here may be cited the splendid showing which the men who came from this R. O. T. C. made in Camp Funston. They gave lectures of surprising completeness and accuracy and, entirely held the attention of their audience.

"I repeat, that the training given here is admirable, the cadets are showing good spirit, and that I consider the highest congratulation and praise due to the French officers who are in charge of the instruction."