EXAMINATION RESULTS.

The High Command of Harvard has started its fall drive. The marks of the hour examinations in the military art are little by little becoming known and the grade of "deficient" is now the watchword in the basement of University.

Not satisfied with flunking all men who believed a muster and a parade to be synonymous, the military caste decided to allow no such ignorant individuals to hold any position of authority. The former captains and top-sergeants will now condole with each other as they stand at attention in the rear rank. To have blown first sergeant's call once to often or to have put an extra mule in the field kitchen,--such mistakes brand a man as being unworthy of command.

The office has scored heavily by this new offensive. The companies will be commanded by men of intellect; the natural leader is a mere tradition. Yet we have learned our lesson; the necessity of knowing details has been impressed upon us. Glittering generalities are things of the past; the present officer must know how many men are in the Philippine Constabulary and on what date the transports leave for Hawail, otherwise he is unfit. In the old days to have some idea of the position of a soldier qualified one for an A, now to pass one must have studied Moss' Officers Notes and know perfectly what the officer's wife must take with her to the Canal Zone. The war of attrition is taking its till!