CRIMSON MEN OUT TOMORROW

NEWS, EDITORIAL AND BUSINESS CANDIDATES REPORT AT 7 O'CLOCK.

The spring competitions for the CRIMSON board will begin tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock. At that time all candidates for the news, business and editorial staffs should report at the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton street. All members of the Freshman and Sophomore classes are eligible to enter the news and business competitions, but the competition for the editorial staff is open only to Juniors. This is the last chance for Sophomores to make the board as news editors and business managers and the final opportunity for Juniors to make the board.

The work of the news candidates which consists in gathering news of general interest to the University, is of particular value to men contemplating a journalistic career. Others will derive valuable experience from the work through the necessary contact with University organizations, both Faculty and undergraduate, and the preparation of news for publication.

An innovation is being instituted in the business competition this year by allowing Freshmen to try out. Heretofore only Sophomores have been admitted to try out for this department, but it is probable that at least one business manager will be taken on from the Class of 1920. Several positions on the business staff are open as usual to members of the Sophomore Class. The work required of business candidates consists in securing advertisements and doing a certain amount of clerical work, but no book-keeping is required.