FIRST 1917 SMOKER TONIGHT

R. HARTE '17 TO SPEAK AND S. P. SEARS '17 WILL PERFORM AT PIANO.

The first Senior smoker of the year will be held in the Living Room of the Union tonight at 8.30 o'clock, instead of at 8, as was previously announced. R. Harte '17, First Marshal of the class, will speak, and S. P. Sears '17, composer of the music for "Barnum Was Right," the Hasty Pudding play, will entertain with some novel stunts at the piano. For the movies of the evening two dramas, a six-reel Charlie Chaplin comedy and an animated "Mutt and Jeff" cartoon by Bud Fisher have been secured. The special attraction will be Vivian Rich in "Enchantment," with an all-star company. In addition, Louise Lovely will appear with a star cast in a Western drama entitled, "Blood Money," and Charlie Chaplin will appear at his best in "Shanhaied."

Incidental music to accompany the pictures will be furnished by a 32-piece orchestra under the leadership of J. M. Parmelee '19. The orchestra will also play the "Star Spangled Banner" as a curtain-raiser. To the music, speeches, pianologue and movies will be combined the usual beer, ginger ale, pretzels, crackers, cheese and cigarettes to make up a well-rounded entertainment.