CALL FOR TENNIS MEN TO BE ISSUED APRIL 1

Southern Itinerary Includes New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington.

The schedules for the University, second team, and Freshman tennis matches are complete and plans for a full season are rapidly taking shape. The usual Southern trip for the University team will be made during the spring vacation and will include New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Norfolk and Richmond. J. S. Pfaffman '17, elected captain to succeed G. C. Caner '17, who graduated at mid-years, will issue a call for players about April 1 and trials will be held from which a four-man team will be selected to make the Southern trip. The results of the University and inter-class championship tournaments held last fall will have no bearing whatsoever on the selection of the spring teams. The work of the University team this year will be greatly aided by the fact that the eight courts of Divinity Field have been reserved exclusively for the use of the first-string players.

Captain and Manager for Seconds.

In addition to the University matches the second team and Freshman trials and the spring tournaments offer an opportunity for every player in the College to try his hand. The Freshman team is already booked for nine matches and the second team for eight. The second team will occupy a far more important position this year than formerly as it will have a manager, captain and complete schedule of its own. During the early part of May a tournament will be held for the doubles and singles championship of the College, open to all members of the three upper classes. The annual Harvard Interscholastic Tennis Tournament will be held at Cambridge on Saturday, May 26. All schools in and around Boston are invited to enter this tournament.

Candidates for the positions of second assistant manager, Freshman manager and assistant Freshman manager, will be called out about April 1. The competition will consist of light work in each instance, and will last only seven weeks. With the Freshman managership go class numerals and with the assistant Freshman managership a hat band.

Jarvis Field courts, as well as those on Soldiers Field, will be ready as soon as the weather permits.

University Schedule.

The schedule for the University team, after the Southern trip, is as follows:

April 28: Amherst at Cambridge.

May 5: Dartmouth at Cambridge.

May 11: Pennsylvania at Philadelphia.

May 12: Princeton at Princeton.

May 19: Cornell at Ithaca.

May 26: Longwood Cricket Club at Cambridge.

June 2: Yale at Cambridge.

Nine Matches for Freshmen.

The matches for the Freshman team have been arranged as follows:

April 28: Brown and Nichols at Cambridge.

May 5: Open.

May 10: M. I. T. at Cambridge.

May 12: Exeter at Exeter.

May 15: St. Mark's at Southboro.

May 17: Dartmouth 1920 at Cambridge.

May 19: Boston Latin at Cambridge.

May 23: Andover at Andover.

May 26: Yale 1920 at New Haven.