Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

NAVAL RECRUITS NEEDED

BOWEN TO AID CORDIER

A campaign to secure undergraduates of the University for enlistment in the Naval Reserve will be launched this evening, when Lieutenant R. F. Bernard, U. S. N., will speak in the Trophy Room of the Union at 8 o'clock. Lieutenant Bernard, aided by members of the patrol boat and civilian cruise committees, will explain to all men interested in naval preparedness the organization of the patrol boat units, a branch of the service in the Naval Reserve especially organized for college men. The navy department, after the men volunteer for this work, will form them into units of five men each, to man the privately owned power boats loaned to the Government for this work. Each unit, consisting of an ensign in charge, an engineer quartermaster, and two seamen, will be assigned to a boat for patrol duty in the First Naval District during the summer manoeuvers, and in case of war will be immediately ordered to report for duty in defending the coast form submarines.

The term of enlistment for this work will be four years in length, with a total of three months of active training.

Captain W. S. Bowen, Coast Artillery, U. S. A., has been detailed to temporary duty with the Department of Military Science and Tactics. He will probably become assistant commandant of the Training Corps.

Only 15 Enlistments Yesterday.

Only 15 new enlistments for the extra company, which drills from 7.30 to 8.30 o'clock in the morning were handed in today. This company is intended primarily for Law School men and those whose laboratory classes interfere with afternoon drills. The company is open however, to all members of the University.

In order to insure the organization of a full company and allowing for applications truned down on account of physical disabilities, it is necessary that at least 100 enlistments be turned in. Applications will close tonight at 6 o'clock when all blanks must be properly filled out and handed in at Weld 3.

Rules for Aviation Section.

Men who have indicated their desire to apply for a commission in the Aviation Section of the Signal Officers Reserve Corps and receive training form the Government are required to obtain a letter of approval from their parents or guardian, and a letter of recommendation from a citizen of the United States; also a letter by the applicant himself stating when he is able to take the training.

These letters should be addressed to the Chief Signal Officer, U. S. A., Washington, D. C., and should be taken to 42 Water street, Boston, where a formal application to be filed with the War Department will be prepared.