1917 AND 1920 TOOK RELAYS

BANCROFT AND HUTCHINSON RAN DEAD HEAT IN RACE OF 7 LAPS.

The Seniors defeated the Sophomores and the Freshmen vanquished the Juniors in the class relay races at the winter track carnival yesterday afternoon. In the interdormitory race Smith duplicated last year's work and again won an easy victory. Standish and Gore fought it out for a bad second and third.

Both the interclass races were close during the first part, but in each event the winning team, when once it took the lead, was never threatened again.

The four-lap novice was a closely contested race. The first three men were close together during the entire race, and L. Lane '20, by a spurt in the last 50 yards, almost succeeded in nosing of N. H. White '20.

The handicap high jump was closely contested and M. Noble '17 was pushed to five feet seven inches. The feature event of the day was the seven-lap scratch race. A. R. Bancroft '17 and J. D. Hutchinson '19 fought it out to the finish, and crossed the line in a dead heat.

Summary of Events.

The summary of the events follows:

Interdormitory relay race: Won by Smith Hall; second, Standish; third, Gore.

Interclass relay races: Seniors won from Sophomores. Time, 5min., 20s. Freshmen won from Juniors. Time, 5min. 31s.

Four-lap novice race, scratch: Won by N. H. White '20; second, L. Lane '20; third, S. B. Toye '17. Time: 1min. 16s.

40-yard handicap: Won by F. F. Williams '20; second, B. S. Blanchard '20; third, W. Moore '18. Hdcp. 4 ft. Time, 4 4-5s.

Seven-lap race, scratch: Tied by A. R. Bancroft '17 and J. D. Hutchinson '19; third, J. Coggeshall '18. Time, 2min. 11 3-5s.

Shot put: Won by C. A. Clark '19; second, M. Noble '17; third, A. LaP. Strehlke '19. Distance, 38 ft. 1 1-2 in.

High jump: Won by M. Noble '17; second, H. B. Coxe, Jr., '20; tied for third, P. W. Bolster '20, A. Perkins '19, R. H. Post '20. Hdcp., 2 1-2in. Height, 5 ft. 7 in.

Broad jump: Won by H. D. Bigelow '20; second, R. Hoffman '19; third, J. M. Atkinson '20. Hdcp., 1 ft. 3 in. Distance, 20 ft. 1 in.

Schedule for Today.

The events for today are scheduled as follows:

3.40.--45-yard hurdles.

3.50.--Seven-lap handicap.

4.00.--Seniors vs. Freshmen in interclass relay race.

4.15.--12-lap handicap.

4.30.--Pole vault.

4.30.--35-pound weight