UNIVERSITY HEADS LIST OF DISTINGUISHED MEN

155 Alumni Entered in "Who's Who," as Against 83 for Yale and 52 for Columbia.

The University has the most graduates listed in the last edition of "Who's Who in America," according to statistics compiled by Professor Scott Nearing, formerly of Toledo University, and published in a recent issue of the "Scientific Monthly." In the list of famous men the University leads with 155, followed by Yale with 83. Columbia, having 52, is third, and Michigan is fourth with 44. Professor Nearing says:

Harvard leads the race and, save for Yale, she has not even a respectable competitor. Among the 2,000 distinguished persons of the younger generation, Harvard has graduated almost as many as Columbia, Cornell, Pennsylvania and Princeton combined; almost as many as Wisconsin, Stanford, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Johns Hopkins, Chicago and California combined. Harvard and Yale together have graduated 24 more of these distinguished persons than Columbia, Cornell, Pennsylvania and Princeton combined. The supremacy of these institutions, and of Harvard in particular, is little short of astounding.