PERRY AWARDS CHAMPIONSHIP TO UNIVERSITY HOCKEY MEN

N. Y. Critic Gives Dartmouth Second Place, Princeton Third, and Yale Fourth.

Lawrence Perry, of the New York Evening Post, gives the University the championship in his ranking of college hockey teams. The other teams are ranked as follows: Dartmouth, second; Princeton, third; and Yale, fourth. Although the University, Princeton and Yale are in a triple tie, the University team was easily superior. The reason he gave for this was that out of the ten games played, the University team won seven--a better showing than either Yale or Princeton made. Thirty-two goals were scored by the University, as compared with a total of ten scored by her opponents, and in five games no rival seven made a goal. The University team also defeated the Dartmouth team, which beat both Princeton and Yale. This alone entitles it to an excellent claim to the championship. In the rating of the college teams all these things were considered.

In his selection of an All-College team, Perry gave the University three places, Captain J. E. P. Morgan '17 being chosen for coverpoint, G. A. Percy '18, rover, and T. H. Rice '17, left wing. Yale received two places and Dartmouth and Princeton one each.

The mythical seven is as follows: T. H. Rice '17, left wing; Tyler (Dartmouth) centre; G. A. Percy '18, rover; Bierwirth (Yale) right wing; J. E. P. Morgan '17, coverpoint; J. Humphreys (Princeton) point; York (Yale) goal.