R. O. T. C. WILL HEAR LEGIST

Professor Wambaugh to Give Lectures on "Articles of War and Manual of Court Martial,"

Professor Eugene Wambaugh '76, A.M., LL.B., LL.D., professor of Constitutional Law in the Law School, and major in the Reserve Officers Training Corps, will give instruction in military law to the R. O. T. C. after the April recess. Professor Wambaugh is to deliver six lectures to each section and instruction, which will cover "Articles of War and Manuals for Courts Martial," will be modeled, as far as the limited time permits, upon the instruction at West Point.

A knowledge of military law is requisite for all candidates for commissions in any branch of the service. The instruction for the Unit will be based upon a discussion of practical problems and will begin with a general view, of military law, then proceed to define military offences and describe the nature of courts martial, and to give some training in the procedure of such courts. The course will conclude with a discussion of miscellaneous topics, and with a final review of all the "Articles of War and Manuals of Courts Martial."

Professor Wambaugh has been participating for a year in the work of the Boston Military Law Society, and is now conducting a course of lectures on military law at the Harvard Club. This group of lectures is chiefly adapted to the needs of those who expect to become judge-advocates, a branch of the service for which members of the University Unit are not eligible.