17 RECEIVED SCHOLARSHIP

President and Fellows Granted Should Awards to 13 In Graduate School 4 In College.

At the last meeting of the President and Fellows, Sheldon Fellowships the 1917-18 were awarded to 13 men in the Graduate Schools and to four men in the College.

The Frederick Sheldon Fund for training fellowships was established in the University in 1909, and the income is present about $15,000. The fellowship are assigned on recommendations to the committee from the various department and schools for purposes of study in the country--outside the University--abroad.

The appointments are as follows: William John Crozier 5G, of Agar's Island Bermuda, in Zoology; Raphael Demos 4C of Constantinople, Turkey, in Philosophy Willard Edward Farnham 2G, of Cedazedge, Colo., in Modern Languages; Herbert Feis 1G, of New York, N. Y. in Economics; John Raeburn Green 3L, of St. Louis, Mo., in Law; Albert Richard Carl Haas 2G, of Scranton, Pa., in Botany Norris Folger Hall 4G, of Cambridge, Chemistry; Harold Calvin Marston Morse 3G, of Waterville, Me., in mathematics Hyder Edward Rollins 2G, of Asperment, Tex., in Modern Languages; Harold St. John 3G, of Philadelphia, Pa., in Botany Ray Ethan Torrey 2G, of North Leveret in Botany; Arthur Calvin Walton 2G, of Chicago, Ill., in Zoology; John Henry Williams 2G, of North Adams, in Economics.

The following were awarded Sheldon Prize Fellowships for study and travel Emmanuel Amdursky '18, of Pittsburgh Pa.; Howard Gordon Bennett '17, of Peoria, Ill.; Ronald Martin Foster '17, of Brooklyn, N. Y.; Charles Lawton Sherman '17, of Newport, R. I.