SPRING WORK OMITTED

MEETING ON APRIL 23

Owing to the present national crisis and the impending danger of war, it was decided last night at a meeting of the Football Executive Committee to indefinitely postpone spring football practice, which was to have commenced next Tuesday. If by any chance the international situation warrants it, spring practice may start on April 23, after the Easter recess. Although there is little probability of this occurring, indefinite plans have been made for a meeting to be held at the Varsity Club on that evening at 8 o'clock, at which P. D. Haughton '99 and other coaches will speak.

Whether or not football will be continued next year in the event of war has not been decided, but it is extremely probable that this will not be done.

The action of the University authorities is similar to that recently taken by Yale and Princeton, where there will be no practice this spring. Arrangements had been completed to hold the practice under the guidance of Coach L. H. Leary '05, and it also had been hoped that P. D. Haughton '99 would have been able to give a few days to the squad. Football is the first sport of the University to be called off because of the threatened outbreak of hostilities.

The competition for second assistant managers from the Class of 1920, which started last Monday, April 2, has also been indefinitely postponed pending action by Dean Briggs.