6 PRIZE WINNERS ANNOUNCED

HONORS FOR BOWDOIN ESSAYS. THREE BOYLSTON PRIZES PRESENTED.

At the last meeting of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences announcement was made of the winners of two of the Bowdoin prizes, and also of the winner of the Lloyd McKim Garrison Prize. Brent Dow Allinson '18, of Chicago, Ill., won the latter prize of 100 for a poem entitled "To Josiah Royce." This prize was established by the Class of '88 by an endowment in memory of their classmate, Lloyd McKim Garrison, for the best poem on a subject to be chosen annually by a committee of the Department of English.

William Chase Greene 3G, of Cambridge, was awarded a Bowdoin Prize of $100 for an original composition in Latin entitled "Qind de Postis Plato Censuerit." Selig Hecht 3G, of New York, N. Y., was awarded a Bowdoin Prize of $200 for his essay on "The Physiology of the Blood System of Ascidia atra Lesuer."

In the Boylston Prize Speaking Contests held recently second prizes of $20 each were awarded to Walter Liewellyn Bullock '17, of Chicago, Ill.; Lowell Brentano '18, of Orange, N. J.; and Vernon Brown Kellett '18; of Hopedale.