DRAFT REGISTRATION BEGINS

NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS MUST FILL OUT BLANKS AT UNIVERSITY 5.

All students in the University are required to register for the draft on June 5. Those whose legal residence is in Massachusetts must register here, but all others must be registered at their home cities or towns. Every such student must fill out a blank and forward it to the sheriff or mayor of his domiciliary voting precinct in such time that that officer may transmit the blank to the proper authorities before June 5.

The University is by law compelled to assist all students in this registration and the CRIMSON herewith republishes the statement issued in regard to it.

"All students of the University, whether or not citizens of the United States, between the ages of 21 and 30, both inclusive, are required by law to register on or before Tuesday, June 5, 1917, as hereinafter provided.

"For all students of the University except those in the Medical School, Dental School, or Graduate School of Medicine:

"1. Residents of Cambridge are required to register at the polling places of their respective precincts in Cambridge, between 7 A. M. and 9 P. M. on Tuesday, June 5, 1917.

"2. Residents of other cities and towns in Massachusetts, other than Cambridge, are required to register in Harvard 6, between 7 A. M. and 9 P. M. on Tuesday, June 5, 1917.

"3. Residents of other States than Massachusetts are required to fill out a registration blank before the registrar and to obtain his signature thereto. The student must then forward the blank to the sheriff of his home county or to the mayor of his home city, in sufficient time to enable that official to transmit the same to the registrar of such student's domiciliary voting precinct before Tuesday, June 5, 1917. The registrar will be at the Faculty Room, University 5, from 12 to 4 o'clock daily, from today to June 2, inclusive, except Sundays and Memorial Day. In such cases the student, in forwarding the registration card, is advised to enclose a self-addressed, return-stamped envelope, with a request to the official addressed to return to the student upon its receipt a registration certificate."  GEORGE SHANNON FORBES '02  ROGER - PIERCE '04  University Registrar