PRESENT CRAIG PRIZE PLAY

"BELIEVE ME, XANTIPPE" WILL BE GIVEN BY CATHOLIC CLUB TONIGHT.

The St. Paul's Catholic Club will produce "Believe Me, Xantippe," in Jordan Hall this evening at 8 o'clock. The play which is the Craig prize play of 1913, had a long run at the Castle Square Theatre in Boston, and with John Barrymore and Mary Young taking the leading roles, made a record run on Broadway.

The plot concerns a $30,000 wager that the leading character can elude the police for one year. A phrase "Believe Me, Xantippe," habitually used by the fugitive reveals his identity, and he is arrested, but ultimately wins the wager on a technicality. The play is suitably adapted for amateur production and for college performances.

The St. Paul's Catholic Club made plans in January for its annual production. After midyears, the committee decided, notwithstanding the national crisis, not to discontinue the play since the rehearsals did not interfere with the training of the several members of the cast who were in the R. O. T. C.

The cast, which has been coached by P. F. Reniers '16, will give only one performance. H. F. Sullivan '17 has general charge of the production. Tickets at 50 cents, $1 and $1.50 may be bought from him, at Jordan Hall, the Co-operative Branch, or from T. L. Freeman '19, Fairfax 16.

The cast for tonight is as follows: George MacFarland,  G. A. Collier '18 Arthur Sole,  J. C. Scanlan '18 Thornton Brown,  E. Galligan '17 "Buck" Kamman,  P. J. Philbin '20 "Simp" Calloway,  P. A. Brickley '20 "Wrenn" Rigley  W. H. Cartwell '17 William,  H. F. Sullivan '17 Dolly Kamman,  Miss Helen Lynch Martha,  Miss Rose Mary Hogan Violet,  Miss Margaret Power