BASE HOSPITAL UNIT DEPARTS

Will Sail For Service in France After Obtaining Full Equipment.

The United States Base Hospital Unit Number 5, known as the Harvard Unit, left yesterday for Fort Hamilton, N. Y., where it will receive its final equipment before embarking for France. It carried with it the colors which were dedicated on Sunday by Bishop Lawrence.

The unit was recruited chiefly from the Medical School and the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital and is under the command of Dr. Harvey Cushing, M.D. '85, as director-in-chief with the rank of major. It consists of 25 officers, 65 nurses, and 153 enlisted personnel.

Dr. Cushing and Dr. Elliott C. Cutler '09 will not leave until tomorrow. Dr. Roger I. Lee '02, Professor of Hygiene at the University, will start today to join the unit.

Among the graduates of the University who will officer the unit are three with the rank of major: Dr. Cushing, Dr. Lee, and Robert B. Osgood M. '99. The following graduates are captains: Walter B. Cannon '96, Reginald Fitz '06, George S. Derby '96, Walter M. Boothby '02, Edward B. Towne '06, Horace Buiney '97, Elliott C. Cutler '09, and Henry Lyman '01.