1920 VOTES TO BUY BOND

MONEY STILL NEEDED

The vote polled yesterday by the Freshman class on the question of the advisability of investing a part of the surplus of the class fund in the Liberty Loan was unanimous in favor of the proposed plan, as far as it was possible to ascertain last night. The result of the balloting at the Wakefield range is not ket known, but there is little doubt but that the votes there will all fall in the same direction.

It is not yet determined exactly how much money the class will be able to invest, as outstanding obligations must first be met. The plan at present is to buy bonds of the smaller denominations, so that they may be sold whenever money is needed.

Subscriptions to the Liberty Loan will close at noon tomorrow, and by that time $300,000,000 must be collected in New England to complete the quota of the $2,000,000,000 loan assigned to this section of the country. This large sum must be met in order to insure the complete success of the loan, and to meet it every individual should pay his share. To date there have been only 141,000 individual subscribers in New England.

Banks Open Until 9 Tonight.

Not only must the loan be a success to insure the successful carrying on of the war and to make possible the thorough equipment of the army and navy, but it is at present the chief indication to the Allies and to Germany of how thoroughly this country is in the war. It is also the only way in which the majority of the people of this country can fulfill their share of the burden that the nation as a whole must bear. To give further opportunity for contributing to the loan, every bank in Cambridge and Boston will be open until 9 o'clock tonight to receive subscriptions.

The undergraduate Bond Committee of the University has redoubled its efforts within the last few days to help swell the total of subscribers who are members of the University. The campaign will close today.