"GREATLY IMPRESSED" STATES LIEUT. ROSS

1250 IN CORPS

After spending the day in close touch with the various companies of the University Reserve Officers' Training Corps, Lieutenant F. K. Ross, U. S. A., who has been detailed by the War Department to inspect the Corps and report on its work, made the following statement for the CRIMSON:

"I was greatly impressed with the Military Department of Harvard University in every respect, and I believe that the work that is going on in the Regiment is of the utmost importance. The intensive training is being carried on with the greatest keenness, and the close order work and marching of the Regiment at the review was of the highest order and could only be surpassed by the cadets of the United States Military Academy at West Point.

"I sincerely congratulate Captains Cordier, Bowen and Shannon, the French Mission, the noncommissioned officers of the Regular Army, the Faculty, and the entire personnel of the Harvard Reserve Officers' Training Corps for the great service that they have rendered at this time."

Lieutenant Ross will conclude his inspection this morning by detailed inspection of each battalion on Soldiers Field.

The final figures of the enlistment office when it closed today showed that at present there are 1,250 men in the Corps. Of this number, 797 were University students at the time of their enrolment; 99 came from the alumni; outside colleges contributed 202; and the balance of 152 men are non-collegians. The men from other colleges represent 54 different institutions and universities of the East.

Schedule of Training Announced.

Printed elsewhere in today's CRIMSON is the schedule of training for each company for the week beginning June 4. The companies of the second battalion will spend three of the six days in the field engaged in the practical work in military topography and in field fortification construction under the officers of the French Mission. The third battalion will devote two days to work of a similar nature, while the first battalion will spend the entire week on the range at Wakefield. It has been found necessary to require men to supply their own blankets; everything else except personal accoutrements will be furnished by the Supply Corps. Detailed information concerning the march to the range and the necessary preparation therefor will be found in the official memorandum.